Start Your Journey Here
Our current programs for semester 1 2017. Any questions we’re here to help, Email email@example.com or Call 06 876 8818
Certificate in Foundation Studies for Health Maintenance – Traditional Chinese Medicine (Level 3)
This is a 6 month (20 teaching weeks) level 3 programme which will enable graduates to:
- Apply philosophy and theory of Chinese medicine history and concepts to one’s own healthcare management.
- Define structural and functional characteristics of the human body
- Identify aetiology of disease and rehabilitation treatment according to theories of Chinese medicine.
- Identify strategies and applications of preventative care.
- Perform and accomplish practices of Qigong and Taijiquan.
- Implement and practice application of own health maintenance.
- Formulate and communicate a plan for long term health and life style benefits underpinned by Chinese medicine philosophy and practices.
This is a 1 year (36 teaching weeks) programme that can lead to employment in:
- Home-based massage therapy or mobile clinics.
- Community based massage therapy clinics.
- Multi-disciplinary clinics.
- Sports settings (non-injury work).
- Spa based massage therapy clinics.
Graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills for the application in wellness and relaxation therapies intervention: including anatomy, physiology and neuro-musculoskeletal anatomy relevant for relaxation massage techniques; wellness techniques; muscle specific massage techniques; healthcare programming for stress and wellness interventions; client education; movement integration and reflexology.